Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

News and Notes: Wednesday Edition

Below, news and notes for Wednesday...

  • One of the elite recruits who visited Cornell during homecoming weekend announced his commitment this week   He was offered by Cornell and Harvard.  Here is the story from Scout.com:
Jeff Roberson, a standout at Houston (Tex.) Kinkaid, gave Kevin Stallings and his staff a verbal commitment Tuesday afternoon.
"I just committed to Vanderbilt," Roberson said. "It's everything I was looking for in regards to academics, basketball and it has a good family feel."
Roberson, a 6-foot-6 power forward, also considered Cornell, St. Louis, Harvard and Davidson. Roberson said the coaching staff at Vanderbilt won him over.
"I think the coaching staff really drew me in," Roberson told Scout.com. "Once I got to a good relationship with coach Stallings, coach [Tom] Richardson coach [Yanni] Hufnagel and coach [David] Cason I felt like they will do a good job of developing me on and off the court.
How much did academics play in to Roberson's decision?
"Academics were a big part of it," he said. "I definitely wanted to go to a school that offered me the best of both worlds."
Roberson is Vanderbilt's fourth pledge of the 2014 class. He joins four-star guard Matthew Fisher-Davis, as well as Riley LaChance and Wade Baldwin to make up Vanderbilt's current four-man class.
Roberson, a three-star prospect, is and effort and energy guy. He plays hard on both ends of the floor, plays a physical brand of ball and is regarded as a good rebounder.

0 comments:

Post a Comment